The 7 Deadly Sins of Google Local Listings

|
In my “teenage internet marketing years” when I was first playing around with local listings, I experimented with many things that might not exactly be 100% down the whitehat trail of happiness. Now, I am much older, much wiser, much worse looking, and I have been able to determine a few practices that might be tempting for some, but to me they are 7 deadly sins that will ultimately lead down a path of destruction for your local listing.

1. Stuffing Your Business Title With Keywords
2. Putting Location Keywords in your Categories
3. Using a P.O. Box For Your Business Address
4. Using a call tracking number
5. Faking Reviews
6. Hiding Your Address
7. Stuffing your description with duplicate information

Need help with getting your business listed in Google Local listings? Contact Vancouver marketing consultant Brent Purves at http://www.brentpurves.com or email brent[at]stirgroup.com today

Posted via web from Vancouver Internet Marketing Consultant - Brent Purves

0 comments: